In 1921 the Loreto Pioneers Mother Francis Borgia who started Loreto in Kenya and Mother Raphael Gordon built up Msongari. The building in which Msongari first functioned as a school still exists today. It consists of the two school offices, the two parlous (now Loreto Education Secretary Office) and the two classrooms. They are the oldest stone building built in the Highlands of Kenya. In this simple building 17 pupils began on 11th of November, 1921. The first arrival that morning was Eva Blowers. She was wearing a navy tunic and a white blouse. This became the Msongari uniform. The pupils also decided on the choice of red for the blazer and jumper. In this way the characteristic RED of Loreto Schools in Kenya was introduced. Msongari grew with new additions being added. In 1929 the tennis courts and the concert hall were built. This was the first school hall in Kenya.
Then in 1936 the second storey was added to the quadrangle. This was designed by Mother Gordon who was the superior at Msongari at that time. The years that followed were ones of continuous growth in buildings, and in the number of pupils, but then the Second World War started and this changed the pattern of growth in an unexpected way.